SAVE THE DATE!
The VIIth ISPAD/VAPES Conference “DIABETES AND RARE ENDOCRINE DISEASES” will take place on 20-22 April 2023, at Pomorie, near Varna, Bulgaria
After the success of the previous ISPAD/VAPES meetings (2011 to 2021), local organizers (Varna Pediatric Endocrine Society, VAPES) aim to attract any interested pediatric endocrinologists, pediatricians, postgraduate trainees, medical students and nurses in 2023. Since the development of rare endocrine expert care is in a crucial stage, we would also like to attract endocrinologists with interest in transition and adult care of rare diseases.
The Programme concentrates again on different aspects of diabetes in children, adolescents and young adults, with a special emphasis on screening and prevention of type 1 diabetes, and the use of contemporary technologies. Rare endocrine diseases, rare diabetes and obesity as well as emphasis on multidisciplinary and transborder care are part of the Programme. Our distinguished speakers are Francesco Chiarelli, Claus Gravholt, Crista Flück, Justin Davies, Erica van Akker, Nienke Biermas, Tulay Güran, and others.
Poster session will be organized with the possibility to discuss own research with colleagues. Abstracts dead-line is March 12th, and details about abstracts requirements will be published by 01.01.2023. A specialized session for endocrine nurses is planned.
Here are some of the topics of the Preliminary Program (the final Programme will be published at the beginning f February 2023):
- PREDICTION, SCREENING AND PREVENTION OF TYPE 1 DIABETES. Francesco Chiarelli, Chieti, Italy
- GENETIC OBESITY – HOW DO I? (Erika van Acker, Rotterdam, The Netherlands)
- HOW TO DIAGNOSE AND MANAGE MONOGENIC DIABETES. Prof. Maggie Shepherd, Diabetes Genes, University of Exeter, UK
- TURNER SYNDROME CHALLENGES AT DIFFERENT AGES (Claus Gravholt, Aarhus, Denmark)
- HOW TO DIAGNOSE AND MANAGE RARE ADRENAL CONDITIONS. Christa Fluck, Bern, Switzerland
- HOW TO DIAGNOSE AND MANAGE DIFFERENCES OF SEX DEVELOPMENT IN ADOLESCENCE. Katarina Main, Copenhagen, Denmark
- HOW TO DIAGNOSE DIFFERENCES OF SEX DEVELOPMENT AT BIRTH AND INFANCY. Tulay Guran, Istanbul, Turkey
- RARE BONE DISEASES IN CHILDREN. Agnes Linglart, Paris, France
- HYPOCALCEMIA – DIAGNOSTIC AND TREATMENT CHALLENGES. Justin Davies, Southampton, UK
- THE REALITIES IN THE TRANSITION PROCESS OF THE PEDIATRIC RARE ENDOCRINE PATIENTS. Nienke Biermaz, Leiden, The Netherlands
Registration includes attendance of all lectures, symposia and other sessions, as well as meeting materials, coffee breaks, for full participants - welcome reception, 2 lunches and dinner on April, 21st, 2023. Further details will follow at www.vapesbg.eu
THE VENUE. The town of Pomorie is situated near Bourgas and close to Varna - 20 km away from Bourgas and 90 km from Varna airport. The hotels are offering nice atmosphere, excellent service and prices from 50 Euro per single room per night, incl. breakfast. The meeting hall at Grand hotel “Pomorie” accommodates more than 260 participants, and this hotel can also be used for accommodation with prices from 90 Euro per single room.Accommodation (in BGN):
- St.Petar & St.Pavel Hotel
- Rose Gardens Apart Hotel
- St.George Hotel Medical Spa
Further registration and accommodation details will follow soon at www.vapesbg.eu.
Pfizer, NovoNordisk, Sandoz, Swixx, Eli Lilly, Erkim, Dexcom One, and others (the full list of sponsors is to be announced soon).